OnesourcePCS is seeking an Medical Laboratory Technician – Team Lead out of the San Antonio area!
Responsibilities and Duties
- The MLT-TLs shall serve as the shift leads for the Medical Technicians Specimen Processing (MTSP) and the Data Entry Clerks (DEC) assigned to their shift and manage them in the performance of their duties. They ensure MTSP and DEC contractor staff comply with applicable AFDTL OIs and provide training when required.
- Perform additional duties associated with the daily operation and maintenance of accessioning specimens such as the retrieval of mail and packages into the laboratory, opening of packages containing urine specimens for drug testing, and review of chain of custody documents for processing into the laboratory. Emptying packaging and recyclable material into designated waste areas, transferring specimen trays and bottles, and disposing of member urine specimens into designated containers for waste pick-up
- Perform computer data entry, reviews, and inquiries for all screening processes. Makes inquiries of positive specimens for location, destruction date and all relevant activity. The Contractor shall make inquiries and furnish particular reports to the section supervisor. Reviews, approves, and edits data entered into the Forensic Toxicology Drug Testing Laboratory (FTDTL) – Information Management System (IMS). Ensures all information is accurate and submitted on a timely basis. Processes all requests for specimen storage, extension, and disposal and enters all data regarding frozen storage of confirmed positive specimens.
Qualifications and Skills
- Education/Experience Requirements for Medical Laboratory Technician Team Leads: Associates’ degree in a laboratory science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution, or 60 semester hours of medical laboratory technology courses, or 24 semester hours of science courses that include six (6) semester hours of biology and 12 semester hours of chemistry.
- Two (2) years Clinical or Forensic Laboratory experience.
OnesourcePCS is an Information Technology and Health Care company providing government services to the federal market place. Our capabilities include engineering and support services, Healthcare IT, and clinical and non-clinical services, management, system integration, IT support, and managed services.
Benefits and Perks
OnesourcePCS, LLC offers exceptional benefits, including competitive compensation, Medical/Dental/Vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, a 401(k), and semi-monthly direct deposit.